Wednesday, February 3, 2021

The Ignited (a secret society) - Compatible with Mörk Borg

 Hey everyone, 

Last week I made a secret society of transhumanists that want to use magic to ascend to godhood. In this document I have spoiled their plans, made some ways of casting magic compatible with Mörk Borg and showcased some of the leader people in the society. It's downloadable at Itch.io here: 

https://caelinaraven.itch.io/the-ignited

I'm pretty happy with this publication. The idea of the Ignited has been in my head for years: first I wanted to put them into a D&D campaign where the players would unravel the terrible truth about the search for magical items. I think it fits better in Mörk Borg, where the nobles and wizards torture and kill the prisoners they have experimented on. The nobles will ascend to godhood, whatever it takes. Just so they don't have to be 'bothered' by the lies of Nechrubel.

The artwork is lacking in my publication, I'm only happy with the front page. I need to pay a lot more detail to design and learn how to handle that. I know there is a Mörk Borg design document out there, just haven't used it yet.

I think I might update the spell names later on. I think they are too bland and often used. If you look at the official Mörk Borg scrolls, they have very colorful names.

I also want to still expand on the roles of certain individuals in the society. I think some might have some more to tell us. I might add that later sometimes, in an update of the Itch.io page.

But even if I have my remarks I'm proud of the end result and glad that I finally written this idea down. Now I'm working on a set of dungeons that fit in the Galgenbeck Cathedral. I'm working on my second dungeon now. The first was a bit puzzle-y and not enough time pressure for my taste. The second one should be better and the third one should be best (I have no ideas yet for the third one). I'm learning as I go!

Here's still some legal information for the third party license of Mörk Borg (use it to write stuff for it!):

The Ignited is an independent production by Caelin Araven 
and is not affiliated with Ockult Örtmästare Games or Stockholm Kartell. It is published under the MÖRK BORG Third Party License.

MÖRK BORG is copyright Ockult Örtmästare Games and Stockholm Kartell.

MÖRK BORG is copyright Ockult Örtmästare Games and Stockholm Kartell.

No comments:

Post a Comment