Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Inktober and World Map creation


I love making maps for my games, even if they have little information that will actually be used. So today I'll show off some maps that I made. I usually draw with ink in my notebook, scan my notebook and color it with Photoshop. I'm really bad at using Photoshop, so sometimes I'll keep my maps unpainted.

I'm going to make 31 maps for different regions of the world in Inktober and put them all together in one file within Photoshop. I also might color them. It's going to be a project, but I'm really looking forward to it.

This is a map I made for fun. It's about desert settlements surrounding a lake. I numbered some interesting locations, although I never really filled them in with names or more information. This was more a practice run into drawing and painting. I really like how it turned out though as the water stands out from the landscape and the mountains look really rocky.


This is a map I made for the Island of Trasler's Wealth, after which this blog is named. I was messing around with Photoshop, which made me learn a lot, but also made me make mistake. I like the waterlines and the forests. The mountains are worse here, so I'll work on that during Inktober.


And this is the testrun for putting maps together for Inktober, The Western Waldayen Empire. You can see that the lines of the northeaster part are not that nice, as I had to twist the picture to fit on the rest, but I'm quite happy with the result. It's made out of three drawings put together. I can work on different settlement icons, but I should choose that before I go into Inktober.


In the end I can say I'm excited to go do Inktober and I bought a notebook today to do it. I'll post results here once every few days, when a continent is finished.

Also the next post on the 29th will be less rolling table, and more world building, but in October I'm returning to writing rolling tables for this blog again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment